Washed the bicycle

I was standing by the gate and saw a clean car pass by slowly and thought to myself, that car really looks attractive. The though just went and I kept standing there, actually idling with my thoughts, basking in the evening sun. Then I figured, why not practice some habits of successful people as i have read in a number of books. Why not take care of my stuff, and here what I meant was my bike. It has been gathering dust for a while and all I could do is wipe the chair when I want to cycle.

Being a kind of person who wishes not to draw attention unless I am ready to use it for my pleasure, I rarely prefer clean stuff and too dirty stuff. I just want camouflaged things that make it hard for people to read me. My bicycle is cool when it got dust and when its clean, it's just that when it gets too clean, I get too many compliments of oh, your bike today looks awesome. I like that, but really prefer if it was not used to break ice and just start a mindless conversation. I do not have the tolerance of a woman.

The tale gets better. I did not start washing immediately. I just figured that when I get time in some future time, i should be able to wash the bicycle. Washing is a good thing when you are in the mood, and it can also be a chore worth despising. It depends with the time of day and number of people looking. Anyway, I was done with washing my clothes about an hour later and put the soppy water in a bucket outside the house, hopping to mop the veranda and the bicycle was just there as dusty as ever. Letting it stay overnight outside is not a good thing, but i am also not interested in pulling it into the house at the moment. It will gather dust for a while longer, as I figure out a cover or something.

I splashed water on the frame, saw a little bit of dirt and greasy stuff spill off with the soapy water, then I picked a sponge that I had used to wipe my shoes. When i got to the tires and the chain, everything had changed into exciting, and I proceeded with that enthusiasm to wash my bike to sparkling clean.

This reminds me that I just have to start and someone I will get the work done as long as I don't stop doing it.


Comments

Popular Posts